Jim Root has always had a passion for the outdoors, capturing it on film and writing about it. Born and raised in Upstate NY, his parents taught him to fish when he was just 3 years old. Now he uses his knowledge and ability to capture experiences on the water all over the world to share with others and help them improve!
Professional Angler- B.A.S.S./FLW
- Top Ten at Inaugural ICAST Cup 2015
- Featured on The Weather Channel
- National Championship Qualifier
- Author of the book Smallmouth Bass Fishing For Everyone
- Past articles include: Game & Fish, BAM, Fishidy, Weather Underground, Fishhound, Fishermans Central, and more
- Almost 50,000 article views in 2017